2023 Charity Gun Raffle Rules
1.Healing Heroes with Horses is a 501c3 charity which provides free equine therapy and counseling to veterans and first responders. Healing Heroes with Horeses will receive the net proceeds from this raffle.
2.Raffle is not sponsored, endorsed, or associated with Facebook, Instagram or any other social media outlet.
3.Raffle tickets will be sold for $10 cash. Online and credit card purchases will include a small handling fee. A maximum of 999 tickets will be sold.
4. Winners need not be present to win. In the event that we unable to contact the winner, it is the sole responsibility of the winning ticket holder to contact Healing Heroes with Horses to claim prize. All prizes must be claimed within 14 days and transfer complete within 30 days of the date the ticket is drawn.
5. Winners will be notified using the name, address, email address, and phone number that the purchaser has written or requested to be on the ticket stub.
6.Winning ticket number(s) and firearm(s) will be posted on the website www.healingheroeswithhorses.com For privacy reasons no names or identifying information will be posted unless agreed by winner.
7.Due to postal regulations, raffle ticket stubs cannot be mailed. If you don't purchase your ticket in person. We will text a picture of your ticket to your cell phone number.
8.Each ticket will be entered separately in the drawing. Each ticket has a separate and equal chance of winning. There is no limit to the number of raffle tickets a participant may purchase.
9.Chance of winning is one divided by the number of tickets sold.
10.Prize to be drawn: 1st prize - Ruger AR -556 5.56 SA Rifle 168 30r, 2nd Prize - Glock 17 9mm Pistol Gen 3, 3rd Prize - Taurus 357 Magnum M605 DA REV 38 NS HG
11.The winners will be selected at approximately 8:00pm on Saturday, August 9, 2023. Winners need not be present to win. If not present, the winners will be notified by telephone, email, or mail. Participants are responsible for legible email address and phone number.
12.At the time of the drawing, participants must be a legal resident of the United States and at least 18 years of age for a rifle/shotgun or 21 years of age for a handgun. Prize winners must produce photo identification including proof of residency and age when claiming their prize(s).
13. Winners must be at least 18 years of age to take possession of a rifle/shotgun, and at least 21 years old to take possession of a handgun. Firearm is NOT TRANSFERABLE the person designated on the winning ticket MUST claim the Firearm. NOTE: Tickets should not be made out to children below the age of 18, as they will not be able to take possession of ANY firearm.
14.All winners must pass the federal background check before receiving their prize(s). Anyone that fails the age requirements or background check forfeits the prize with no refund or compensation.
15. All firearm transfers will be done through Bulldog Armament https://getbulldogarms.com/ a veteran owned Federal Firearms Licensed (FFL) dealer. Phone 330.206.8346 A winner that is unable to meet Bulldog Armament to receive their prize(s) may have their prize(s) shipped to a store, or company, that has a valid Federal Firearms License (FFL). Winners must pay all associated expenses including, but not limited to, shipping costs, fees the FFL dealer charges, and any costs associated with the background check. Prizes can be shipped from FFL to FFL only. NO EXCEPTIONS. The final FFL dealer will then complete the background check before awarding the prize.
16.All Federal and state laws must be followed. In the instance of a winner not being an Ohio resident, Federal law for interstate gun sales and other transfers requires a person (the “transferee”) acquiring a gun must do so through a licensed dealer (FFL). It can be an FFL in any state, the transfer must comply with the laws of the FFL’s and the transferee’s states.
17.The cost of raffle tickets purchased is not tax deductible. Prizes may be taxable to the winner. Winners are solely responsible for all federal, state, and local taxes. Please consult your tax advisor.
18.Healing Heroes with Horses officers, board members, and their spouses are prohibited from winning.
19.Any person who engages in conduct designed to corrupt the outcome of a charitable gaming activity with the purpose to defraud, or knowing that he is facilitating a fraud, is subject to criminal prosecution under all applicable federal, state, and local laws.
20.Purchase of a ticket is required to enter the drawing.
21.Healing Heroes with Horses reserves the right to cancel this raffle at any time, in which event its liability is limited to the refund of ticket prices to participants.
22.These official rules may not be waived, modified, or supplemented except by the Healing Heroes with Horses Board.
23.Raffle held in compliance with Ohio Revised Code Title 29, Chapter 2915, (2915.092 Raffles)
24.By obtaining a raffle ticket, you attest that you are a law abiding citizen of good moral character, may legally possess the firearm(s) won, have intention of using the firearm(s) only in a legal and safe manner, and will or have already obtained instruction on the safe use and operation of the firearm(s) won. All state and federal firearms laws will be followed. The buyer should check their state, city, and local laws to ensure the firearm(s) are legal to own in their location before buying raffle tickets. All Federal Bureau of Alcohol Tobacco and Firearms (BATF) rules apply.
25. Raffle is void where prohibited.
26.Healing Heroes with Horses limits any and all liability to the purchase price of ticket.
27.Healing Heroes with Horses makes no warranty of firearms; winners will deal directly with manufacturer(s) should problems arise.
28.Stock photos are used on the flier and may not be an exact representation of the prize(s).
29. Questions regarding this raffle may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org or call 330-294-0583.
30.All Tickets are non-refundable, including those where a winner fails to pass a background check.
31. All Firearms are new, factory made, standard over the counter guns. No custom calibers or designs are included.
32. Giveaway Period: Entries will be accepted online starting on or about February 1, 2023 and ending on August 18, 2023 at midnight. All online entries must be received by August 18, 2023 at 11:59pm.
33. Limitation of Liability: By entering you agree to release and hold harmless Healing Heroes with Horses and its subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotion agencies, partners, representatives, agents, successors, assigns, employees, officers and directors from any liability, illness, injury, death, loss, litigation, claim or damage that may occur, directly or indirectly, whether caused by negligence or not, from (i) such entrant’s participation in the giveaway and/or his/her/their acceptance, possession, use or misuse of the any prize or any portion thereof, (ii) technical or mechanical failures of any kind, including but not limited to the malfunctioning of any prize, computer, cable, network, hardware or software; (iii) the unavailability or inaccessibility of any transmissions or telephone or internet service; (iv) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the promotion; (v) electronic or human error which may occur in the administration of the promotion or the processing of entries.